Overland Contracting, Inc. Construction Manager - Small Cell in Denver, Colorado
Construction Manager - Small Cell
Construction Manager with Wireless Telecom experience for a Small Cell build out in the Denver Metro.
This position is accountable for the successful construction execution for subcontract projects. This position has authority to allocate resources and make construction decisions for the assigned area in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides and Contractual commitments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Accountable for site safety, quality, schedule and cost on assigned projects. This position is responsible for assuring availability of resources with proper expertise and tools to support assigned construction project execution. Must be able to perform accurate material and scope take off’s. Must be able to reconcile construction activities and manage scope change during construction. A strong understanding of construction practices and organizational skills is a must.
Accountable for managing the overall project execution performance including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction. Responsibilities in the roll include:
• Serves as single-point of contact, between the Lead Construction Manager and construction
• Providing oversight of construction execution on all assigned construction projects
• Must be able to maintain and managing sub contractor relationships. Assuring that work is
performed in accordance with project requirements.
• Must be able to take corrective action as necessary.
• Will be required to develop detailed material take offs and scope of services lists from
RFDS’s and Engineered drawings.
• Must track and coordinate material delivery, schedule construction, and drive completion
to meet schedule and budget expectations.
• Reports project status and performance data as required to management.
• Identify and assesses improvement opportunities, which will add value.
3 years at Entry level CM or 5+ years at Superintendent Level; All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
3+ years of relevant (Wireless and OSP/ISP telecommunication industry) Construction
•Must be knowledgeable in quality construction practices.
Overland Contracting Inc. (OCI), a Black and Veatch subsidiary, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. OCI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.