Overland Contracting, Inc. Safety & Health Specialist 3 in US, United States
Safety & Health Specialist 3
This is mid-level project position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the Company’s Safety & Health Procedures on a smaller, less complex project. Performs medium to high complexity tasks, and may act as a supervisor to other safety and health professionals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements, administers and maintains project Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program.
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
• Conducts detailed site safety and health inspections.
• Manages project security contracts, programs and policies.
• Performs record keeping / filing functions.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed injury/illness reports.
• Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration.
• Administers project worker’s compensation programs and procedures. • May act as on-site first aid and medical provider.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports
• Develops and implements safety and industrial hygiene in consulting plans and studies.
• Analyzes data generated by Safety & Health studies and compiles reports including findings and recommendations including administrative, emergency and PPE controls.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
** Position requires bi-lingual speech - Spanish *
2+ years in a construction environment, 4+ years safety and health experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, safety and health certification, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Preferred Competence: • Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices • Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures • Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures. • Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration • Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant • Ability to perform first aid/medical functions • Communication skills • Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs • Ability to write detailed reports • Human relations skills • Conflict management skills • Supervisory skills • Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials
Overland Contracting Inc. (OCI), a Black and Veatch subsidiary, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. OCI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.