Overland Contracting, Inc. Site Quality Control Manager in US, United States
Site Quality Control Manager
Implement and maintain the project quality plans and procedures. Act as an interface between project sites, procurement inspections, corporate offices, and clients. Responsible for the management of Field QC staff on assigned project Sites.
This role will support a solar field construction project in FL, 100% travel with per diem.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes implements and maintains site quality program. Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, regulatory representatives and field to ensure that work is done correctly.
• Assures work on-site meets applicable codes and specifications.
• Develops and administers site specific Quality Programs
• Surveillance/Audits of site Contractor Quality Control Programs.
• Responsible in all aspects of welder qualification on-site testing.
• Responsible for issuance, control and coordination of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) and Non Destructive Examination (NDE) contacts.
• Establishes inspection plan and track inspections/actions identified.
• Approves site testing such as soils testing, concrete placement and grout breaks, hydro tests, and NDE testing and verify tests are properly documented.
• Reviews and controls documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
• Reviews turnover packages prior to handoff to Startup.
• Assists in the coordination of punchlist walkdowns/inspections; establishes and manages the punchlist.
• Collating Quality Control documentation for final handover to Owner.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Develops and implements quality programs that assist projects and division to meet company and division quality goals and expectations.
• May act as Quality Consultant for internal and external clients.
• May act as temporary project fill-in for lower level quality professionals.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Acts as mentor to other quality professionals.
• Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and adheres to Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, and Guidelines.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Supervises work of others.
Experience: 5+ years as Superintendent with degree, or 8+ years without. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High School Diploma or geographical equivalent qualification preferred. 4 year degree in Engineering, Quality, Business or geographical equivalent qualification in a related discipline is desired. Preferred Competencies: • Knowledge of National and/or International Rules and Regulatory Requirements • Knowledge of Quality Management Systems • Knowledge of project budget process and tools • Knowledge of department budget process and tools • Knowledge of Project controls • Risk assessment/management • Administrative policies and procedures • Construction Project Management Systems • Conceptual planning ability • Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration • Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials • Communication skills • Ability to effectively manage emergency situations • Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs • Ability to write detailed reports • Human Relations skills • Conflict Management skills • Leadership skills (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising) • Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work) • Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve) • Project management skills • Time reporting systems • Expense reporting policies and procedures
Overland Contracting Inc. (OCI), a Black and Veatch subsidiary, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. OCI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.