Overland Contracting, Inc. Fire Protection Engineer in United States
Fire Protection Engineer
Functions as a fire protection technical specialist. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to fire protection problems. Lead assigned fire protection projects of medium to high complexity, also serves as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise across multiple assigned projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Know and be able to apply fire protection codes standards for Asian region. (i.e.: building codes, fire codes, NFPA, etc…)
• Proactively provide guidance and direction on fire protection engineering designs.
• Prepare detailed prescriptive fire protection specification for power facilities and Oil and Gas projects.
• Prepare fire protection code review for new and existing facilities.
• Prepare hydraulic calculations on suppression systems.
• Capable of generating fire protection P&ID’s.
• Familiar with the local fire protection protocols necessary for this region.
• Review of detailed fire protection drawings and calculation for accuracy as well as code compliance.
• Capable of communicating and coordinating with internal/external team members to ensure a smooth implementation of the fire protection design.
• Independently apply knowledge and ensure compliance with B&V quality program. Establish related processes, and promote a culture that is conducive to quality.
• Develop and apply advanced fire protection solutions to complex problems.
• Minimum bachelor's degree in mechanical or fire protection engineering or related disciplines from a recognized accredited university.
• Minimum 8 year experience of fire protection engineering in power or oil and gas industry.
• Professional registration or licensure preferred.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Strong command of English.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Effective English reading, writing and speaking skills. Drive For Results, Decision Quality, Priority Setting, Planning, Delegation, Conflict Management, Informing, Listening, and Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus. Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards. Intermediate knowledge of company quality program. Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles. Intermediate knowledge of procurement & contract administration.
Overland Contracting Inc. (OCI), a Black and Veatch subsidiary, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. OCI does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.